Friday, July 12, 2024

BIRD'S NEST SOUP! The Farm Report 07122024

 BIRD'S NEST SOUP!

The Farm Report

07122024

BIRD'S NEST SOUP! Hey everybody, I'm alive and well, but this is what I've been dealing with non-stop out here at Oakdale Farm. All that crap wrapped around my tiller shaft is left over twine from big round bale wraps that were left behind in the composted manure I used. It's out now, new seals are in, and I'm back in business.


BUT, I need a break. This is kinda the best picture for me to use to show how my nerves and my attitude are doing. I've been dealing with lazy air conditioners, mice in the dash of my car, the well has been out twice so far (fixed today permanently, we hope!) ... and other stuff. So I've decided to take some time off from writing the Farm Report for a little while. I'll be back at it when the summer cools off, and my attitude cools down, too. Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. My condolences on all the problems. Ugh; mouse smell in the car. 😝 You can live – miserably – without A/C, but not long without water! Thanks for posting; I always look forward to ready what you're up to. Michelle @ Boulderneigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just catching my breath. I'll be back soon. Plus, I like to be positive. This summer, you'd be reading me complain all the time, so we all needed a break! Cheers

      Delete
  2. Darrel here Tim, yep, breaks are needed things..... Every now and then I get up to my eyeballs in stuff around here....have to take a deep breath and.... STOP.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The summer heat is horrendous this year. Add a few other issues like AC problems, a mouse issue and tiller mishap and a bit of R&R is good. All will be well... let's agree, there is never a lack of projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there is certainly never a lack of projects. Life is not boring, and I'm still having a ball. Just needed to take a little breather. Also, I don't want to be repetitive, so I'm thinking about which way I should go. Any input welcome!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lot of : "I wished I stayed in bed all day" days, offcourse you can't and won't, this to shall pass. But darn, I hope you have a strawbail nearby (with twine) to kick every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Lots of 'I wished' days lately. I'll get a bale out immediately. My parents always accused my brother of kicking the cat when he was in a bad mood. I like your idea better. Cheers

      Delete

I love getting your feedback. Please leave me a note or ask a question.